SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD
4185 Technology Forest Blvd #150
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone: (281) 363-4546
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss
Individuals who undergo massive weight loss, either through weight loss surgery or diet and exercise, often face the problem of excess skin and lingering fatty tissue. When a person loses a large amount of weight, skin often can’t shrink enough to keep up with your body’s new contours. For some, the excess skin is a strictly aesthetic concern, but for others it can cause physical discomfort, chronic health issues and even restricted mobility. Post-weight loss body contouring can remove much of the excess skin and fat to improve a person’s appearance and overall quality of life.
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in post-weight loss surgery, Dr. Sugene Kim is known throughout the greater Houston area as a top female plastic surgeon. SGK Plastic Surgery has helped men and women from throughout the country feel happier and more confident with a range of cosmetic surgery and non-surgical medical spa procedures.
Contact us online or call our practice today at (281) 363-4546 to schedule your post-weight loss body contouring consultation at SGK Plastic Surgery, conveniently located in The Woodlands near Grand Central Park.
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sugene Kim
Many patients consult with Dr. Kim based on her credentials, but they return for her sensitivity, warmth, and dedication to superior care throughout every step of the process. Get to know her better and start planning your possibilities today.Meet Dr. Kim
Who Should Consider Post-Weight Loss Body Contouring?
The best candidates for body contouring after weight loss are those who have reached a healthy and stable weight and have committed to maintaining their weight with an active, sustainable lifestyle. The best results are seen in nonsmokers who have realistic expectations about their results.
Some of the most common concerns among post-weight loss men and women include:
- Hanging skin around and under the abdomen
- Breast sagging
- Diminished breast volume
- Chafing of the inner thighs
- Excess fat stored in the male breasts
- Breasts too large for comfortable clothing or to participate in physical activity
- Loose, hanging arm skin
- Stubborn bulges of fat anywhere on the body
- Loose skin in the face and neck
Post-Weight Loss Body Contouring Techniques
Because every individual’s concerns are different, there is no one-size-fits-all approach for body contouring after weight loss. Some of the most common procedures Dr. Kim uses to help men and women achieve a more streamlined figure after losing weight include:
- A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, to create a fitter, more toned midsection
- A breast lift, or mastopexy, to reposition and reshape sagging breasts
- Breast reduction to create lighter breasts and increase physical and emotional comfort
- Breast augmentation with implants to restore lost breast volume
- Liposuction to reduce fat deposits in problem spots
- An arm lift to reduce sagging arm skin and create a more toned upper body
- A thigh lift to resolve chafing in the inner thighs and create a slimmer, more streamlined lower body
- A facelift to tighten sagging jowls and create a more youthful lower face and neck
- Male breast reduction to treat gynecomastia and sculpt the male chest into a more masculine shape
During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Kim, she can assess your needs and make recommendations for the most suitable procedures for you. She will also explain the kinds of results you can expect and how best to care for your surgical scars.
While some people may benefit from multiple procedures combined into a single surgery, others may prefer a staged approach to their post-weight loss needs. Dr. Kim and her staff will work with you to determine the best schedule for your surgeries and how you can maintain your results with a healthy lifestyle.
Why Choose Dr. Kim for Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss
Dr. Kim proudly brings her extensive training and expertise from Washington, D.C., New York City and the Texas Medical Center to her body contouring patients at SGK Plastic Surgery. Not only is she a dedicated professional committed to delivering the highest quality results, but she is also an attentive and caring surgeon who strives to make each individual feel comfortable discussing his or her needs.
Dr. Kim has extensive experience performing surgical enhancements of the body, face and breasts, making her a top choice in body contouring procedures. She has helped countless men and women from Texas and throughout the country achieve a better quality of life with post-weight loss body contouring.Back to Top