Are you considering body contouring after weight loss?
If you have achieved a dramatic weight loss, either through weight loss surgery or diet and exercise, you may have been left with excess skin and lingering fatty tissue. After losing a large amount of weight, skin often is unable to shrink back to firmly cover the body’s new contours. For some, the excess skin is strictly an aesthetic concern, but for others it can cause physical discomfort, chronic health issues and even restricted mobility.
Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sugene Kim performs post-weight loss body contouring surgery to help people from Houston, Conroe, and Spring, TX, and beyond reduce much of the excess skin and fat to improve their appearance and overall quality of life.
Candidates for body contouring after weight loss
The best candidates for body contouring after weight loss are those who have reached a healthy, stable weight and have committed to maintaining their weight with an active, sustainable lifestyle. The best results are seen in nonsmokers who have realistic expectations about their results. Candidates for this custom surgery are living with any of the following conditions:
- Hanging skin around and under the abdomen (apron)
- Breast sagging
- Diminished breast volume leading to a deflated breast appearance
- Chafing of the inner thighs
- Excess fat in male breasts
- Breasts too large for comfortable clothing or to participate in physical activity
- Loose, hanging arm skin
- Stubborn bulges of fat
- Loose skin in the face and neck
- Sagging skin, fat, and tissue on thighs and buttocks
Before & After
How is body contouring performed?
Because every individual’s concerns are different, there is no one-size-fits-all approach for body contouring after weight loss. Some of the most common procedures Dr. Kim uses to help men and women achieve a more streamlined figure after losing weight include:
- A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, to create a fitter, more toned midsection
- A body lift to create a tighter lower body and midsection
- A breast lift, or mastopexy, to reposition and reshape sagging breasts
- Breast reduction to create lighter breasts and increase physical and emotional comfort
- Breast augmentation with implants to restore lost breast volume
- Liposuction to reduce fat deposits in problem spots
- An arm lift to reduce sagging arm skin and create a more toned upper body
- A thigh lift to resolve chafing in the inner thighs and create a slimmer, more streamlined lower body
- A facelift to tighten sagging jowls and create a more youthful lower face and neck
- Male breast reduction to treat gynecomastia and sculpt the male chest into a more masculine shape
During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Kim can assess your needs and make recommendations for the most suitable procedures for you. She will also explain the kinds of results you can expect along with answering questions about scarring, recovery, and aftercare.
While some people may benefit from multiple procedures combined into a single surgery, others may prefer a staged approach to their post-weight loss needs. Dr. Kim and her staff will work with you to determine the best schedule for your surgeries and how you can maintain your results with a healthy lifestyle.
Body Contouring After Weight Loss FAQ's
How much does body contouring cost?
Each body contouring surgery is unique and will be tailored according to the individual patient’s needs and aesthetic goals. Surgical fees can vary based on the custom surgical plan and current office promotions ranging from $10,000 to $30,000. Surgical fees include the total cost of the surgery (anesthesia, facility, surgeon’s fee, implants, and post-op visits).
Why choose SGK Plastic Surgery in The Woodlands?
Dr. Kim proudly brings her extensive training and expertise from Washington, D.C., New York City and the Texas Medical Center to her body contouring patients at SGK Plastic Surgery. Not only is she a dedicated professional committed to delivering the highest quality results, but she is also an attentive and caring surgeon who strives to make each individual feel comfortable discussing his or her needs.
How long will I need to recover?
You should plan on taking two to three weeks off work, so you have adequate time for your body to heal. Many people feel well enough to return to work in about ten days. It is normal to have bruising and swelling after your surgery. As the days pass, this will diminish, with your newly-sculpted shape revealed.
Meet with us.
Dr. Kim has extensive experience performing surgical enhancements of the body, face and breasts, making her a top choice in body contouring procedures. She has helped countless men and women from Texas and throughout the country achieve a better quality of life with post-weight loss body contouring.
To learn more about body contouring after weight loss at SGK Plastic Surgery, request a consultation using our online form or call our practice in The Woodlands today at (281) 408-2152 to schedule your consultation.