SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD
4185 Technology Forest Blvd #150
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone: (281) 363-4546
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Oncoplastic surgery and breast reconstruction after a mastectomy can mitigate some of the negative effects of breast cancer. Breast reconstruction techniques are customized for each individual case to provide a sense of completion that allows women to move forward from their previous illness. Dr. Sugene Kim is known as one of the top breast reconstruction surgeons in The Woodlands, helping women from Houston and throughout Texas achieve a sense of closure and confidence with reconstructive breast surgery.
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sugene Kim
Many patients consult with Dr. Kim based on her credentials, but they return for her sensitivity, warmth, and dedication to superior care throughout every step of the process. Get to know her better and start planning your possibilities today.Meet Dr. Kim
- Flap-Based Reconstruction: Breast reconstruction using your own tissue, fat and muscle from another part of your body, known as flap-based reconstruction, can create realistic results without using implants.
- Implant Breast Reconstruction: Restoration of the breasts using saline or silicone breast implants requires a few stages over several weeks or months, creating a symmetrical breast appearance in less operative time than flap-based reconstruction. Recovery time can be shorter and easier than that of flap-based reconstruction.
- Lumpectomy Reconstruction: In cases where a full mastectomy is not required to remove a tumor, lumpectomy reconstruction can restore a more normal shape to the breast in conjunction with radiation therapy.
- Nipple & Areola Reconstruction: When a mastectomy has required removal of all or part of the nipple-areolar complex, reconstructive surgery can recreate the nipple areolar complex for a more natural-looking result.
- Breast Reconstruction Revision: The results from a previous breast reconstruction procedure can be fine-tuned to better create your ideal results, improve symmetry or reduce scars.
Radiation Treatment & Breast Reconstruction
Though often effective in treating breast cancer, radiation therapy can potentially complicate your breast reconstruction plan. Plastic surgeon Dr. Sugene Kim has extensive experience with the multiple options available to women facing radiation therapy before, during or after their breast reconstruction procedure. She will work closely with your oncologist and radiation therapist to develop a treatment plan best suited for your body and goals.
To learn more about breast reconstruction procedures at SGK Plastic Surgery, contact us online or call us today at (281) 363-4546 to schedule your consultation. Our practice is conveniently located in The Woodlands near Grand Central Park.Back to Top