SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD
4185 Technology Forest Blvd #150
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone: (281) 363-4546
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Breast augmentation with Dr. Kim here in The Woodlands, Texas, uses saline or silicone breast implants to add volume and shape to the breasts. This procedure gives women the opportunity to add balance and proportion to their bodies, regain lost breast volume, improve the size of naturally small breasts, or correct breast asymmetry. Known as one of the top female plastic surgeons in the Houston metro area, Dr. Sugene Kim is a double-board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast enhancement.
Who Should Consider Breast Augmentation?
Women who desire a larger breast size are encouraged to explore what breast augmentation can do for their figure as well as their self-confidence.
Breast augmentation using implants is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures worldwide, and women of almost any age, background, and body type can be candidates for the procedure. Some of the most common candidates for breast augmentation are
- Women whose breasts never developed as fully as they would like
- Women who have lost breast volume as a result of the aging process, pregnancy, nursing, or weight fluctuations
- Women who have noticeable breast asymmetry and want to “even out” their breasts
Some women who consider breast augmentation surgery are also candidates for a breast lift . If you’re interested in achieving fuller breasts while also improving your breast position, you may wish to consider a combined breast augmentation and lift . Many women include breast augmentation in a mommy makeover to restore the appearance of pre-pregnancy.
Your Breast Implant Options
Dr. Kim performs breast augmentation using either silicone or saline breast implants. While either implant type can create beautiful results in the right candidate, there are some important differences between the two.
Silicone Breast Implants
- Silicone breast implants are comprised of an outer silicone shell filled with a gel, also made of silicone.
- The silicone gel has a jelly-like texture, which many women and plastic surgeons alike find resembles the feel of natural breast tissue.
- Silicone breast implants are the top choice for the majority of women who have breast augmentation. In particular, women with naturally small breasts who do not have much breast tissue to provide coverage for the implant can benefit from the natural feel of silicone implants.
Because the gel that makes the filling for silicone implants is cohesive, these breast implants will not deflate in the event of a rupture. This means that a breach in the implant shell is not always obviously detectable. The FDA recommends that women with silicone implants have an MRI every 3 years in order to detect any issues. However, most women with silicone implants can enjoy their breast augmentation results for many years without complications.
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sugene Kim
Many patients consult with Dr. Kim based on her credentials, but they return for her sensitivity, warmth, and dedication to superior care throughout every step of the process. Get to know her better and start planning your possibilities today.Meet Dr. Kim
Saline Breast Implants
- Saline breast implants are comprised of an outer silicone shell filled with a sterile saline solution.
- Saline implants can provide a firmer feel than their silicone counterparts and often are used to create a high, rounded look.
- Saline breast implants can be filled with their saltwater solution after insertion into the breast pocket. This allows Dr. Kim to use a slightly smaller incision to place the implants than is required for silicone implants.
- Because saline implants can be filled to a custom-tailored volume, they can be particularly popular options for women concerned with breast asymmetry.
Saline implants may be more prone to rippling than silicone implants. Rippling is the folds of the implants that can sometimes be seen through the skin. In the event of a rupture, the liquid filling of saline implants means the issue should be immediately noticeable, as the implant tends to deflate right away. Saline implants are a popular option among a wide range of women.
Breast Augmentation Techniques
There are many ways to perform breast augmentation and your procedure will be customized to meet your individual needs. Before having breast augmentation, you’ll want to consider the following questions:
- Should you choose saline breast implants or silicone breast implants?
- Given your body proportions, what breast size would help create your dream results?
- Would you benefit more from breast implants placed above or below the chest muscles?
- Which breast augmentation incision technique would produce the best outcome for you?
During your initial consultation with Dr. Kim, you can address these questions and more. Dr. Kim will work with you to help you understand the factors that contribute to choosing the best approach to your breast enlargement procedure, as well as help you gain a realistic idea of what you can expect. Together, you can also go over the cost of breast augmentation, the advantages of each implant type, the best breast implant size for you and details about your procedure and recovery period.
Why Choose Dr. Kim for Your Breast Augmentation
Dr. Kim is a dedicated, board-certified plastic surgeon who listens carefully to each woman’s expectations and hopes for her breast augmentation procedure. Her extensive experience performing breast augmentation allows her to create the most natural-looking and customized results for each individual’s appearance goals. Dr. Kim strives to create beautifully proportionate, flattering results with breast implants that complement your natural figure and any other plastic surgery procedures you are having. During your initial, one-on-one consultation with Dr. Kim, she can determine whether you’re a candidate for breast augmentation and develop a surgical plan designed to meet your breast appearance goals.
SGK Plastic Surgery has helped breast augmentation patients from Spring, Conroe, and other Texas communities, but also throughout the country, to feel great about their new looks with a range of cosmetic surgery and nonsurgical medical spa procedures. Contact us online or call our practice at (281) 363-4546 to schedule your consultation.Back to Top