A facelift in The Woodlands is a customized facial procedure to address the signs of aging by smoothing wrinkles, lines, sagging skin, and jowls, and by removing fatty deposits. For superior results, advanced surgical techniques should be used, including repositioning and tightening the underlying facial muscle structure.
What is a facelift?
Aging is inevitable, but a facelift is a highly individualized procedure that reduces signs of aging like wrinkles, sagging skin, jowls, and loss of volume in the face. A facelift from Dr. Kim, a highly-skilled plastic surgeon in The Woodlands, can take years off your appearance with small, intentional changes that can have a dramatic effect and take years off your appearance.
What can I expect from a facelift?
A facelift can significantly reduce signs of aging in the middle and lower face and provide a more appealing facial contour. By lifting, toning, and tightening the skin, tissue, and muscles of the face and neck, Dr. Sugene Kim can take years off your appearance with a facelift in The Woodlands.
What are the benefits of a facelift?
A facelift is arguably the most comprehensive facial rejuvenation procedure available. It addresses multiple signs of aging in one surgical procedure, including:
- Sagging skin around the midface, jaw, and neck
- Deep nasolabial folds, which are the creases extending from your nose to the corners of your mouth
- Marionette lines, which are the creases extending from the corners of your mouth to your chin
- Double chin
- Displaced facial fat causing volume loss
Some of the many other benefits of a facelift include the following:
- There’s no incorrect age to get a facelift
- Dr. Kim can easily pair it with other procedures, such as a brow lift
- Downtime is minimal at just two weeks
- Modern techniques produce the most natural-looking results
- A facelift can last up to ten years before the signs of aging necessitate further treatment
Am I a candidate for a facelift?
While many men and women from the age of forty and over have facelift surgery to attain a more youthful look, some people benefit from a facelift at a younger age. The best facelift candidates are:
- Physically healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have good skin elasticity
- Have realistic aesthetic expectations
Cosmetic problems such as loose skin under the chin or jaw, sagging in the midface, deep facial creases and a thin facial appearance may be reduced with a facelift in The Woodlands. Seeking early treatment for these frustrating signs of aging may allow Dr. Kim to utilize a less invasive technique, reducing side effects and overall downtime. Proactive treatment can reduce the need for more invasive procedures down the line and help you age gracefully.
Before & After
* All patients are unique. Individual results may vary.
What is the facelift procedure?
The method or technique Dr. Kim uses for your facelift will depend on your individual needs and desired results. There are three common techniques used when performing facelift surgery:
- Traditional facelift redistributes fat, repositions underlying tissue, lifts deep layers of the face and muscles and re-drapes the overlaying skin.
- Limited incision facelift is an alternative to a traditional facelift, allowing for the tightening of the jowls, cheeks and neck while using less extensive incisions.
- Neck lift addresses loose neck skin and fat under the chin but does not correct cosmetic imperfections of the mid-face or forehead.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Kim will explain the benefits of each facelift technique in greater detail and help you decide which approach is best for your needs. She will also explain the recovery process you can expect after your facelift and address any questions or concerns you may have.
Can a facelift be combined with other procedures?
A Comprehensive, Personalized Approach
Because each person’s face is unique, each surgery is unique as well. During a consultation, Dr. Kim will explain the benefits of a facelift in greater detail. She can also recommend treatments that may provide a more comprehensive approach to your goals, either as standalone procedures or in combination with a facelift.
Many people combine their facelift with other facial rejuvenation procedures, such as eyelid surgery or a brow lift. Non-surgical procedures or treatments can improve superficial sun damage, fine lines, skin tone and texture, or even fill in the lips or tear troughs for a more balanced and youthful look.
What makes a facelift so unique?
Facelift surgery is a highly technical procedure that requires not only surgical expertise, but also an intuitive understanding of the aesthetics of the human face. For Dr. Kim, natural-looking results are always the goal, and she strives to deliver results that offer a noticeable, yet subtle improvement in facial appearance.
Why choose Dr. Kim for your facelift?
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Sugene Kim is known as one of the top cosmetic surgeons in Texas. Dr. Kim has helped men and women from the Houston metro area, The Woodlands, and across the country feel happier and more confident with a range of cosmetic surgery and non-surgical medical spa procedures.
Copyright © 2020 SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD, FACS. All Rights Reserved.Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III