Juvéderm XC is a family of injectable fillers that are used to plump lips, add volume to the cheeks, and smooth out parenthesis lines, creases, and wrinkles around the face. This rejuvenating treatment gives you a non-invasive option for wrinkle treatment and volume restoration. You can plump or add volume to your lips for that extra-luscious look, or you can restore volume to your face for a softer, more youthful appearance. Juvéderm XC adds volume and softness and provides long-lasting, natural-looking results.
What are the benefits of Juvéderm XC?
The benefits of Juvéderm XC include the following:
- Fuller lips
- Restored volume in the cheeks
- Reduced appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Softened appearance of nasolabial folds or marionette lines
- Results that can last up to one year
How does Juvéderm XC work?
Juvéderm XC is a filler solution that is composed of hyaluronic acid and lidocaine. Hyaluronic acid can be found naturally in the body such as in the cushion of our joints or the fluid in our eyes. Lidocaine is an anesthetic and is used to ease the injections and reduce discomfort during application.
Juvéderm XC works by adding hyaluronic acid back into the deeper tissues of the face, to create a firmer, rejuvenated look, and to add volume. Different formulations will be used for the various areas of the face and the look that you are trying to achieve
What is the Juvéderm XC procedure?
Juvéderm XC is injected into the tissues of the area that is being treated, at a specific depth and amount for that treatment area. Treatments are relatively quick and take between five to thirty minutes per area depending on the size of the area being treated.
Dr. Sugene Kim
Many patients consult with Dr. Kim based on her credentials, but they return for her sensitivity, warmth, and dedication to superior care throughout every step of the process. Get to know her better and start planning your possibilities today.Learn More
How often will I need to receive injections to maintain the results?
This depends on the area treated, but generally once a year or as soon as you feel that your results are diminishing.
How do I ensure that I get the best results?
There are a few things that you can do to ensure that you get the best results from your fillers.
Prior to treatment here are some things that will help:
- Ensure that you use a certified medical professional that is trained in the use of Juvéderm XC and other injectable fillers, such as those on Dr. Kim’s team
- Tell the clinician about your past cosmetic treatments or other fillers or injectables that you’ve had to ensure that there will be no adverse reactions
- Give a list of all the medications that you currently take, so they can ensure nothing will interfere with the fillers they are using
- Avoid alcohol for minimally 24 hours prior to treatment and for a short while after
- Let Dr. Kim or her team know if you are prone to facial cold sores or if you have any on-going infections
- Use arnica to minimize bruising
- Apply ice or a cold compress to the area
- Avoid itching, touching, or massaging around the injection site
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medications that could lead to bruising
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Do not go in hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, go sun bathing, or have direct sun exposure
- Do not get hot wax performed or other facial treatments during the 24 hours after injections
Follow these and any instructions given to you by Dr. Kim.
Why should I choose Dr. Kim and her team at SGK?
Dr. Kim and her team at SGK are dedicated to helping their clients obtain their cosmetic goals. They have the knowledge and experience to give you the results that will make you confident in their abilities.
Copyright © 2020 SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD, FACS. All Rights Reserved.Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III