SGK Plastic Surgery: Sugene Kim, MD
4185 Technology Forest Blvd #150
The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone: (281) 363-4546
Monday—Friday: 9 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Both male and female tummy tuck patients from in and around The Woodlands consult with Dr. Kim when diet and exercise fail to reshape their midsections. Many different factors – such as genetics, pregnancy, and a substantial shift in weight – can cause loose skin and stubborn fat deposits to develop on the abdomen. A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat and tightens abdominal muscles for a slimmer waist and flatter stomach.
Dr. Sugene Kim is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who is known as one of the top abdominoplasty surgeons in the region. SGK Plastic Surgery specializes in body contouring and has helped countless men and women from throughout the country look their absolute best.
Are You a Tummy Tuck Candidate?
The best candidates for abdominoplasty are men or women who are in relatively good physical and mental health but feel unhappy with the appearance of their midsections. The most common concerns related to this area are:
- Loose skin
- Separated abdominal muscles (also known as diastasis recti)
- Excess fatty deposits
Because a tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure rather than a substitute for weight loss, individuals who are planning to continue to lose weight should schedule their tummy tuck procedures after they’ve achieved their weight loss goals.
Women considering pregnancy in the future are also recommended to wait to schedule their surgeries until they’ve completed their families. Although a tummy tuck won’t affect your ability to carry a child to term, some of the aesthetic benefits of the procedure may be reversed by a future pregnancy.
Most women who undergo mommy makeovers include tummy tuck surgery in order to regain their pre-pregnancy figures.
Tummy tuck surgery, also called abdominoplasty, is sometimes combined with liposuction or other procedures for a more comprehensive makeover.
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sugene Kim
Many patients consult with Dr. Kim based on her credentials, but they return for her sensitivity, warmth, and dedication to superior care throughout every step of the process. Get to know her better and start planning your possibilities today.Meet Dr. Kim
Dr. Kim’s Techniques
While every tummy tuck is customized to meet the individual’s needs, each procedure uses the same general steps.
- First, a curvilinear incision is made below the abdomen, just above the pubic bone. Dr. Kim takes special care to make the tummy tuck incision so that it is easily hidden under a bikini or underwear.
- Next, Dr. Kim will remove a limited amount of excess fatty tissue and skin from the abdomen. For people with more extensive needs, she recommends including liposuction to further contour the midsection.
- Thirdly, Dr. Kim pulls the two separated halves of the abdominal muscles back together, fixing them into place using non-absorbable sutures. This can resolve diastasis recti for a stronger abdomen and better contour.
- Finally, the abdominal skin is pulled downward and any excess skin is trimmed away. The belly button is replaced in a natural location and the incision is closed with sutures.
People with more extensive needs may be better candidates for a combined tummy tuck, buttock lift and thigh lift, also known as a lower body lift. During your consultation with Dr. Kim, she can explain the options available for people seeking body contouring after massive weight loss. She can also help you gain a realistic idea of what you can expect from tummy tuck surgery, including how best to care for your scar and how to maintain your results.
Why Choose Dr. Kim for Your Tummy Tuck?
Dr. Sugene Kim brings special expertise and a strict attention to detail to each of her tummy tuck procedures. As a top female plastic surgeon in Texas, she has an aesthetic understanding of the human form and is highly skilled at creating the most flattering results for every man and woman she treats. Dr. Kim can also recommend other procedures that you may benefit from based on your appearance goals. She will carefully listen to your needs and concerns and provide you with a detailed breakdown of the advantages and limitations of each procedure.Back to Top